Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's all coming together

It has been a few months since my last entry.  The new law firm job is going exceedingly well, although it keeps me busier than I would like.  Congress has managed to pass a budget through the end of the fiscal year.  State has steadily been filling its A-100 classes.  In fact, consular candidates with my OA score were called off the register for the January class, leaving me at approximately the eighth spot on the register for the March A-100.  I'm not counting on it, but things are looking pretty good.

Of course, such an early call would be disruptive.  My wife would like to complete the school year at her school.  She is also organizing a trip to Europe for the language department.  I am working on one of the largest pieces of litigation in American history, so ideally I would like to stick it out at the firm until our client settles -- something we all believe is imminent.  Unfortunately, the foreign service doesn't operate in the realm of ideals and what is most convenient.  We might as well get used to it from the moment we get the call.  IF, we get the call, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment